Christmas Ornaments - Free Patterns


Hello Crocheters! These are some of the Christmas ornaments I made for my tree. And when I shared this pic on The Crochet Crowd's facebook wall, I was totally overwhelmed by the feedback I received. A lot of you had asked for the patterns. Every single one of them is a free pattern that I scavenged from Google Search. What I've done here is try to create a pattern directory with links to all the patterns I've used. Have fun and deck your tree :)

The Angel seems to be everyone's favorite!! So starting with her. The pattern here by Serah a.k.a. Tales of Twisted Fibers, is for a 5" Tree and 4.5" Angels, using light worsted weight yarn. I tried her with embroidery floss [love that shine] and ended up with a cute little doll measuring just 2.5"!!!! But.. Didn't get her right straight away...  I ended up with what looked like a freaky Voo Doo doll!!! [according to my sister, of course she doesn't Crochet!]. Must have been the difference in yarn, cause I've used a 2.5mm hook as well. So please check your gauge for this project, in something as tiny as this every stitch makes a difference.


So I shrunk her head a bit next time. 

Round 1: 6 sc in a magic ring with light peach.
Round 2: 2 sc in each st across. (12)
Round 3: (1 sc, 1 inc) around. (18)
Round 4-6: Sc around. (18)
Round 7: (1 dec, 1sc in next 4 sc) around. (15)
Round 8: (1 dec, 1sc in next 3 sc) around (12)
Stuff firmly.
Round 9: Dec around. (6)

Here's what I got this time.

She looks a lot more proportionate now, doesn't she? But then, her head was way too small to keep eyes, so I've left her as she is. Here's also a link Serah had given on her blog for attaching the hair. I've used 3 shades of brown for her hair.

Moving on to the Stars now, had made a photo tutorial for the white star. For the smaller gold star (below the reindeer) skip R2 and go on with R3. Since you don't have a ch1 sp here, sl st into the 2dc in R1. Hope I'm not confusing you! Here's a picture.



The Reindeer and Snowman are by Taime O from Roxycraft. And I used a 2.5mm hook and embroidery floss for smaller ones.

The silver bell you see in the image above is the Amigurumi Bells by Sabrina BoscoloHere's a link with 10 free Christmas Bell Patterns.

The Candycane is adapted from a pinwheel placemat pattern. After making one row with each color, keep making even rows instead of increasing. Once your're happy with the length, stuff it with pipe cleaner and bend to shape.

The Little Christmas Tree on the keychain is from this YouTube tutorial by Teresa from Crochet Geek. And yes... you know it... embroidery floss and a 2mm hook, and you'll get a little 1" tree.

The Little Stocking is right here :)

Have fun with these patterns. Follow @madewithlovebydaisy on Instagram to receive updates on new patterns & giveaways.

Merry Christmas & Happy Hooking!

Daisy

Comments