Crochet Barbie Top

I wanted to share with you this pretty Barbie top that I made last week. It is really simple and it can be customized to fit any doll.

Materials ~
Tatting thread size 40
0.85mm hook
Snap on button

I started off with a rectangular piece that will run across the chest.

Fc ~ ch 11
R1 to R80 ~ 10 sc

You can place your piece around the doll to make sure it overlaps a little so you can sew on a button later. once you are happy with the length, rotate and work 1 row of sc arcoss the edge of the rows on one side.

For the lace I used this crochet shell stitch pattern from MyPicot.com. I have repeated the pattern 8 times, and made 3 rows. If you want a crop top you can stop with 2 rows.

Next sew on the button, put it on the doll and mark the places where you want to join the sleeve.

I made the sleeve by making 2 smaller rectangular pieces.

Fc ~ ch10
R1 to R24 ~ 9 sc

Now fold it in half and slip stitch together. Ch1 and attach with the top using 1 or 2 sc's. It should look like this now.

This size fits all 1:6 scale dolls.
It can be altered to fit any doll. Even the pattern for the lace can be switched with any other design. The possibilities are endless! I hope you enjoy mking this top for your dolls. 

If you have any question or suggestions post them in the comments section.
Subscribe to My Channel to get notifications on new tutorials.
Follow @madewithlovebydaisy on Instagram to receive updates on new patterns & giveaways.

Happy Hooking...!

Comments