Granny Star Christmas Tree Ornament - Free Pattern


Hey friends, Christmas is just around the corner, so I thought I'll bring out the Christmas mood with a little tree ornament pattern. I've tried to make a photo tutorial for a Granny Star ornament I found here. I've some small changes here and there. Gauge isn't really important for this pattern.  And one more thing... my photography skills aren't as good as my crochet skills! So kindly bear with that!

Materials:
* 3mm aluminium crochet hook 
* white cotton wool
* gold thread (optional)
* gold embroidery floss (for the border)


Abbreviations:
ch - chain
sl st - slip stitch
sp - space
sc - single crochet
dc - double crochet
sc2tog - single crochet 2 together

PATTERN

ch 5 

sl st into 1st ch to form a ring

R1 
ch3, 2dc into ring, ch3

(3dc ch3) 4 more times,
1

2

3

4, and sl st on top of ch3 

R2
sl st across to 1st ch3 sp

Into the ch3 sp make (ch3, 2dc, ch3, 3dc, ch1)

(ch3, 3dc, cg3, 3dc) into each of the next 4 ch3 sp
1

2

3

4. sl st on top of ch3.
sl st into the nearest ch1 sp

R3
(4dc, ch3 4dc) into the next ch3 sp

sl st into the next ch1 sp

repeat  4 more times:
1

2

3

4

Fasten off. Your basic Granny Star is done. I wanted more firmness to the star, so I have attached two of them together (looks really good hanging in your car :) )

Join the gold embroidery floss leaving a long tail (to hang your star)

2sc into the ch3 sp on top
1sc in each of the next 3 dc
Sc2tog at the corner
1sc in each of the next 3 dc
3sc into the ch3 sp (point)

Continue sc around, increasing at the points and decreasing at the corners.

Well, there's your star now! Merry Christmas!!

Follow @madewithlovebydaisy on Instagram to receive updates on new patterns & giveaways.


Happy Hooking!

*Kindly do not copy or repost this pattern as your own. You may sell the items you make out of this pattern, but do credit me as designer.*

Comments

  1. Hi this star tutorial was great as I am yet to understand all the concepts in crochet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment