Rainbow Raglan Tee

 

Hey guys! This is just idea #2 for 2023... I've got a very ambitous plan ahead. This pattern wasn't even planned. I had some "failed" yarn dyeing experiments and started this top just to use up that yarn. I sort of went with the flow. It was more of an edit to the previous top "Twilight Skies Tee". The difference is very subtle... the increases are worked differently. 

Here's the "failed" dyeing experiment...


I know it looks pretty, and you are probably wondering why I keep saying it's a failed experiment. It didn't trun out the way I had wanted it to. They were supposed to be bright & vibrant colors with high saturation. I was quite disappointed at how pastel these turned out. 

Each skein was roughly 18 to 20 gms. I was wondering what to do with this and checked the weight, it ended up being around 300 gms in all. That's just right to make a top for my size. So I decided I'll try another one making some edits to the previous pattern. Mainly because in the previous pattern, recalculating for other sizes was such a painful affair. This turned out well, in fact better than I expected. I'm happy. 

Just like the other top I used 100% cotton in 4ply / fingering weight and a 3.5mm hook. My swatch of 16dc x 10 rows measures 4 inches by 4 inches.

The pattern for size M is available here for free. Other sizes are available here on my Ravelry Store, along with step by step pics & detailed row-wise stitch count break-ups for each size. 

Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X.

Finished top chest measurement [inches]: 30, 34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54, 58, 62.

Alright, let's jump into the pattern now. Please note, all increases are not exactly the same, so count your stitches properly.

Foundation chain: make 98 chains, slip stitch into the very first chain to form a loop.

R1 - ch4, dc into same ch, 1dc in each of the next 22 ch, [dc, ch2, 2dc] into next ch, 1dc into each of the next 25 ch, [2dc, ch2, dc] into next ch, 1dc into each of the next 22 ch, [dc, ch2, 2dc] into next ch, 1dc into each of the next 25 ch, make 1dc into the same ch where we made the very first dc in this row. 

R2 - ch4, dc into same ch, 1dc in each dc before you reach 1st corner, [dc, ch2, 2dc] into ch 2 sp, 1dc in each dc before you reach 2nd corner, [2dc, ch2, dc] into ch 2 sp, 1dc in each dc before you reach 3rd corner,  [dc, ch2, 2dc] into ch 2 sp, 1dc in each dc before you reach 4th corner, make 2dc into the sl st of the previous row, sl st into the ch sp

R3 to R11 - Repeat R2

R12 - ch3, dc into the ch sp, ch5, dc into the next ch sp, 1dc in each of the next 69dc, dc into the ch sp, ch 5, 1dc into the next ch sp, 1dc in each of the next 68 dc, sl st into the ch 3

R13 - ch3, 1dc into next dc, 1dc into each of the next 5ch, 1dc into each of the next 71 dc, 1dc into each of the next 5ch, 1dc into each of the next 69dc, sl st into ch3. [151 dc + ch3]

R14 - ch3, 1dc into each dc, sl st into ch3 [151 dc + ch3]

Repeat R14 till you are happy with the length of the top. And you are done.

Hope you like this top, do try it out and let me know what you think. In case you have any probs following this, do send me a DM on on Instagram or Ravelry. And like I mentioned earlier, if you would like to make the other sizes, it will be availalbe on my Ravelry Store here

If you liked this pattern and would like to see more like this, do follow @madewithlovebydaisy on Instagram. That way you won't miss any new tutorial, pattern or giveaway! If you make this top, share pics with me by tagging me in your posts. Bye for now! I'll see you in my next post.


Happy hooking!
Daisy

Comments

  1. I really like this top and would like to try it. It would be great if you could add more step by step pics to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do check out the PDF pattern on my Ravelry store. It has more pics & stitch count for each row!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That does NOT look like a failed experiment to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive me... But I love the yarn more than the pattern! Do you ship outside India?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment