Life Lessons I learnt from Crocheting

I have been crocheting since 2011, and I can assure you - it has made me a better person. Here are some life lessons I've learnt from crocheting...

#1 Every day is like a new project, each one is different.

#2 You cannot compare them. Sometimes you may find an “easy” pattern difficult and an “expert” pattern to be very easy. 

#3 It’s okay to make mistakes

#4 Once you realize you’ve made a mistake, correct it ASAP

#5 Some mistakes CAN be rectified, but they require you to go back a few steps. It’s never too late to go back and make corrections

#6 Some mistakes, only you know you’ve made them. What looks like a mess to you, is gorgeous to someone else’s eyes. 

#7 Sometimes you can make a mistake with something you’ve been doing for ages. These things happen. Don’t kill yourself about it. Be more careful next time

#8 Some mistakes CANNOT be rectified. Sometimes it’s “too late” to correct a mistake. Stop cringing over it. Move on. They are lessons, they are memories. When you look back on these “experiences” you realize they were part of your learning curve. 

#9 Don’t be content with what you know. Try something you’ve never done before. There’s always scope to learn more. Step out of your comfort zone - think outside the box.

#10 Don't give up. Just because it became a disaster the first time, it doesn't mean it's impossible. Try again, be patient.

What has crochet taught you? Do you agree / disagree / have anytihng else to add to this? Leave it in the comments section. I can't wait to hear from you.

Comments

  1. Never thought about crocheting that way. I believe in every word. Thank you. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you girl! 😅

    ReplyDelete
  4. So well written! I can literally relate to every single one of these 🥺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm... yeah, when I tell non-crocheters that crochet is more than just yarn and hooks they don't get what I mean!

      Delete
  5. #6 though! I feel attacked 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think #9 is my favourite. I used to think I was an "expert" level Crocheter and started trying out some complicated patterns. It made me realise how little I knew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! So true. My first few projects were quite a struggle. Thank God for YouTube! 🙂

      Delete
  7. You have no clue how hard I struggle with #7 💔. Not just with Crochet. It happens with cooking, work even driving! Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too... Somedays are bad. I get it. But when the bad days turn into bad weeks it kind of sucks.

      Delete
  8. I love this post so much! I do not crochet. This was shared to me by a friend who does. This post makes me want to learn to crochet. So beautiful. I don't understand some of the comparisons. But inspite of that I feel this so much. Sometimes life just isn't fair. 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you warm hugs! Hold on there. And yes... Learning to crochet is a great idea. You have no clue how calming and therapeutic it can be! Do give it a go. But just remember, it's okay to make mistakes. Take care!

      Delete

Post a Comment