Crochet Camisole Top ~ Free Pattern

Have you ever found a pattern you really liked, downloaded it but never got to make it...? Yeah? Great... Then you'll understand what I'm taking about. I found this lovely pattern 5 years back, but I never got around to actually making, cause you know... didn't find the time, didn't find the right yarn, blah blah blah... Anyways, the pattern I'm talking about is this beatiful Camisole Top by Darla Sims.


It's really pretty and surprisingly simple too. I got hold of this very lovely milk cotton yarn on AliExpress.

I tried making a swatch and realized that the texture would be perfect for a top, AND the gauge was perfect with the recommended hook size [5dc = 1 inch with 3.25mm hook]. Also, I love how this yarn pools. 

So I finally decided to try this pattern. I'm not gonna lie, the first few rows were (quite) clumsy. I almost aborted mission. But I'm so happy I kept going. Once you get past the first few rows, the pattern grows on you. I'm glad I waited long enough to find yarn that does justice to this pattern!

Here's how my top is looking right now...

Mar 10th ~ It's 3 days and 2 balls old currently. Done with most of the back and just started armhole shaping.


Mar 12tth ~ the back is completely done. I'm liking how the pattern is working so far. Not sure if it's clear in this pic, but the next ball was a different dye lot, so it's a shade darker. It's not very evident, but enough to make me cringe a bit :(

Mar 13th ~ I was surprised at how quickly I was able to complete the front. It's worked similar to the back, only the shaping of the shoulders are different.

Only the assembly is left. I should be able to finish it by tomorrow :)

Mar 14th ~ Actually I was able to finish the assembly last night. I completed the edging in the course of the morning. It took me a total of almost 6 days & 5.5 balls of yarn (50gm each) to complete this top.

I'm really happy with how this top has turned out. It measures 40ins across the chest and can stretch upto 44inches with ease. This is very easy pattern. Do give it a shot. If you have any questions on the pattern, leave it in the comments sections below.

Subscribe to My Channel and hit the bell button to get notifications on new tutorials.
Follow @madewithlovebydaisy on Instagram to receive updates on new patterns & giveaways.

Happy Hooking...!
Daisy

Comments